Articles on this Page
- 02/08/15--17:20: _Packers To Make OC ...
- 02/12/15--10:05: _Packers Announce Co...
- 02/14/15--08:00: _NFC Mailbags: Newto...
- 10/14/15--16:29: _Minor NFL Transacti...
- 11/15/15--19:31: _NFC Notes: Packers,...
- 12/13/15--12:59: _Mike McCarthy To Ca...
- 12/13/15--19:50: _Extra Points: Nkemd...
- 01/18/16--18:16: _Packers Notes: Lacy...
- 01/24/16--14:47: _North Notes: Packer...
- 01/26/16--12:35: _North Notes: Megatr...
- 11/20/16--08:19: _North Notes: McCart...
- 11/23/16--16:24: _NFC North Notes: Di...
- 11/27/17--20:57: _NFC Notes: Rodgers,...
- 01/02/18--10:51: _Packers Sign Mike M...
- 01/06/18--11:26: _Packers Expected To...
- 01/07/18--10:33: _Packers To Hire Bri...
- 01/08/18--09:59: _Russ Ball To Remain...
- 01/08/18--12:25: _Packers Rumors: Wol...
- 01/13/18--19:34: _NFC Notes: Vikings,...
- 01/29/18--16:19: _Packers Release Saf...
- 02/08/15--17:20: Packers To Make OC Change
- 02/12/15--10:05: Packers Announce Coaching Changes
- 02/14/15--08:00: NFC Mailbags: Newton, Lions, McCarthy, Giants
- 10/14/15--16:29: Minor NFL Transactions: 10/14/15
- 11/15/15--19:31: NFC Notes: Packers, Saints, Eagles
- 12/13/15--12:59: Mike McCarthy To Call Packers’ Plays
- 12/13/15--19:50: Extra Points: Nkemdiche, Henry, McCarthy, Kelly
- 01/18/16--18:16: Packers Notes: Lacy, Matthews, McCarthy
- 01/24/16--14:47: North Notes: Packers, Steelers, Allen, Browns
- 01/26/16--12:35: North Notes: Megatron, Packers, Haslam
- 11/20/16--08:19: North Notes: McCarthy, Abdullah, Browns
- 11/23/16--16:24: NFC North Notes: Diggs, Packers, Rudock
- 11/27/17--20:57: NFC Notes: Rodgers, Stafford, Bucs
- 01/02/18--10:51: Packers Sign Mike McCarthy To Extension
- 01/06/18--11:26: Packers Expected To Bring Back Joe Philbin
- 01/07/18--10:33: Packers To Hire Brian Gutekunst As GM
- 01/08/18--09:59: Russ Ball To Remain With Packers
- 01/08/18--12:25: Packers Rumors: Wolf, Gutekunst, FA
- 01/13/18--19:34: NFC Notes: Vikings, Cards, Packers, 49ers
- 01/29/18--16:19: Packers Release Safeties Coach Darren Perry
7:20pm: The Packers have decided to shake up their offensive staff, elevating Clements to associate head coach and moving Bennett to replace him at offensive coordinator, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reports. The most notable change from this reshuffling: Clements will accept the play-calling reins from McCarthy. These increased roles could make it easier for Packers assistants […]
12:05pm: McCarthy confirmed at his press conference that Clements will call the offensive plays for the Packers in 2015, tweets Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. 11:58am: The Packers have confirmed a handful of previously reported coaching changes, announcing today in a press release that the team has made changes on both sides of […]
We checked out ESPN.com’s AFC mailbags earlier this morning. Let’s now shift our focus to the NFC… If quarterbacks like Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco can average $20MM annually, David Newton believes Cam Newton could certainly be included in that group. Ultimately, the writer believes the Panthers quarterback will receive a contract totaling about $100MM. Kicker […]
Today’s minor NFL signings, cuts, and other moves.. The Cowboys claimed running back Rod Smith off waivers from the Seahawks, according to Bryan Broaddus of 105.3 The Fan (on Twitter). After previously trading for Christine Michael, it appears that the Cowboys are fans of Seattle running backs. The Broncos announced that they have signed tight […]
A look around the NFC. . . Although the Packers’ offense is slumping, head coach Mike McCarthy said after Sunday’s 18-16 loss to Detroit that he won’t take play-calling duties away from coordinator Tom Clements. “I like the way our staff works, and I like the way they work with our players,” McCarthy stated, per […]
The Packers have decided to make a change at play-caller, according to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports (Twitter link), who reports that head coach Mike McCarthy will take over the offensive reins from associate head coach Tom Clements. Green Bay’s game against the Cowboys later today will be the first contest to feature McCarthy as […]
Consensus top-10 pick Robert Nkemdiche remains in stable condition after a fall from a hotel room window in Atlanta, David Ching of ESPN.com reports. Reports varied over the nature of the Ole Miss junior defensive lineman’s fall, with this tweet indicating the Atlanta police said Nkemdiche fell from a fourth-floor window. But according to Ching’s report, police […]
In his end-of-season press conference, Mike McCarthy gave Eddie Lacy an ultimatum of sorts after the third-year running back endured his worst season. “Eddie Lacy, he’s got a lot of work to do. His offseason last year was not good enough, and he never recovered from it,” McCarthy told media, including ESPN.com’s Jason Wilde. “He […]
Let’s take a quick spin around the NFL’s two North divisions: Packers head coach Mike McCarthy is “fed up” with general manager Ted Thompson‘s refusal to use free agency to bring in veteran reinforcements, sources tell Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Thompson and the rest of the Green Bay front office are famously […]
There’s no decision yet, and no exact timetable, for Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson as he considers whether or not to continue his playing career, agent Bus Cook tells Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. Shortly after the regular season ended, Megatron issued a statement indicating he was considering retirement, but Lions fans will […]
The Packers are struggling, and head coach Mike McCarthy has predictably come under fire as a result. But Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that McCarthy is not likely to lose his job, and while there has been significant conversation about McCarthy’s relationship with Aaron Rodgers, La Canfora writes that the two men share […]
The Vikings are unlikely to have their top wide receiver, Stefon Diggs, for their Thanksgiving showdown with the NFC North rival Lions, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN (Twitter link). Diggs, who’s dealing with a knee injury and hasn’t practiced this week, easily paces the Vikings in receptions (67), targets (87) and yards (747). Minnesota defeated […]
Despite the Packers falling behind in the NFC playoff picture, quarterback Aaron Rodgers was seen throwing the ball around prior to the start of the team’s Sunday night game in Pittsburgh. Now with Rodgers clearly progressing well, the soon-to-be 34-year-old may be ready to return to practice at the end of next week, reports Rob Demovsky […]
Mike McCarthy is not a lame duck in Green Bay. The Packers have given the head coach a one-year extension to take him through the 2019 season, according to Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com (Twitter link). Demovsky hears that the extension was actually signed during the season, but word of the deal did not leak out until today. […]
Prior to what amounted to a failed stint coaching the Dolphins, Joe Philbin operated as the Packers’ offensive coordinator. It looks like he will be headed back to Green Bay for a similar role. The Packers are expected to rehire Philbin as a key member of their offensive staff, Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com reports. While […]
The Packers are promoting their director of player personnel, Brian Gutekunst, to general manager, as Ian Rapoport of NFL.com tweets. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports (via Twitter) that it will be a five-year deal for Gutekunst. Gutekunst is highly respected in scouting circles, and Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com writes that Gutekunst is the most well-rounded scout in […]
The Packers promoted Brian Gutekunst to GM and continued their in-house approach to football operations, but this will result in a change in how their front office is structured. Without Ted Thompson in the fold, Gutekunst won’t be the only person reporting directly to team president Mark Murphy. Fellow GM candidate Russ Ball will be […]
An offer for a prominent Packers job is on the table for Eliot Wolf, Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports (on Twitter), but it’s uncertain he accepts it at this point. Before the sides can progress on a deal, the 35-year-old exec must determine if he wants to stay in Green Bay. Wolf was […]
For the first time all season, the Vikings will have all three of their quarterbacks healthy when they host New Orleans on Sunday. Even with the return of Sam Bradford and the health of Teddy Bridgewater, Case Keenum “is the guy” reports Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio. This should come as no surprise, as Keenum […]
Packers safeties coach Darren Perry has been released to pursue other opportunities, the team reported on Monday. Perry asked for his release and it was granted by head coach Mike McCarthy, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Tom Silverstein hears (Twitter link). Silverstein also notes (Twitter link) that McCarthy wanted Perry to return, but named Jason Simmons secondary coach, […]