Articles on this Page
- 02/03/18--14:33: _Mark Murphy Explain...
- 12/13/15--19:50: _Extra Points: Nkemd...
- 01/18/16--18:16: _Packers Notes: Lacy...
- 01/24/16--14:47: _North Notes: Packer...
- 01/26/16--12:35: _North Notes: Megatr...
- 11/20/16--08:19: _North Notes: McCart...
- 08/28/18--19:00: _Brian Gutekunst On ...
- 10/07/18--06:29: _Latest On Aaron Rod...
- 11/04/18--08:09: _North Notes: Bell, ...
- 11/11/18--10:27: _NFC Notes: Dez, Sea...
- 11/16/18--14:48: _North Notes: McCart...
- 11/17/18--07:11: _Mike McCarthy Discu...
- 12/02/18--16:03: _Packers Fire Mike M...
- 12/02/18--19:36: _Reactions To Mike M...
- 12/03/18--18:36: _AFC Notes: Jets, Br...
- 12/05/18--18:26: _Mike McCarthy Wants...
- 12/06/18--18:03: _Latest On Ex-Packer...
- 12/09/18--09:40: _La Canfora’s Latest...
- 12/24/18--07:59: _Mike McCarthy Inter...
- 12/25/18--09:27: _Extra Points: Mille...
- 02/03/18--14:33: Mark Murphy Explains Decision To Restructure Packers’ Front Office
- 12/13/15--19:50: Extra Points: Nkemdiche, Henry, McCarthy, Kelly
- 01/18/16--18:16: Packers Notes: Lacy, Matthews, McCarthy
- 01/24/16--14:47: North Notes: Packers, Steelers, Allen, Browns
- 01/26/16--12:35: North Notes: Megatron, Packers, Haslam
- 11/20/16--08:19: North Notes: McCarthy, Abdullah, Browns
- 08/28/18--19:00: Brian Gutekunst On Aaron Rodgers, Deals, Front Office Setup
- 10/07/18--06:29: Latest On Aaron Rodgers, Mike McCarthy
- 11/04/18--08:09: North Notes: Bell, Browns, Green, Cook
- 11/11/18--10:27: NFC Notes: Dez, Seahawks, McCarthy
- 11/16/18--14:48: North Notes: McCarthy, Lions, Tuitt, Ravens
- 11/17/18--07:11: Mike McCarthy Discusses Job Security
- 12/02/18--16:03: Packers Fire Mike McCarthy
- 12/02/18--19:36: Reactions To Mike McCarthy’s Firing
- 12/03/18--18:36: AFC Notes: Jets, Browns, Harris, Ravens
- 12/05/18--18:26: Mike McCarthy Wants To Coach In 2019
- 12/06/18--18:03: Latest On Ex-Packers HC Mike McCarthy
- 12/09/18--09:40: La Canfora’s Latest: Paton, Coughlin, McCarthy
- 12/24/18--07:59: Mike McCarthy Interested In Cardinals HC Job
- 12/25/18--09:27: Extra Points: Millen, Long, Bears, McCarthy, Bucs, Koetter, Licht
After Ted Thompson oversaw one of the NFL’s most stable organizations for over a decade, the Packers will have one of the more unique front office setups going forward. Thompson moving into a different role with the franchise prompted Packers president Mark Murphy to subsequently divvy up the former GM’s responsibilities between successor Brian Gutekunst […]
Consensus top-10 pick Robert Nkemdiche remains in stable condition after a fall from a hotel room window in Atlanta, David Ching of ESPN.com reports. Reports varied over the nature of the Ole Miss junior defensive lineman’s fall, with this tweet indicating the Atlanta police said Nkemdiche fell from a fourth-floor window. But according to Ching’s report, police […]
In his end-of-season press conference, Mike McCarthy gave Eddie Lacy an ultimatum of sorts after the third-year running back endured his worst season. “Eddie Lacy, he’s got a lot of work to do. His offseason last year was not good enough, and he never recovered from it,” McCarthy told media, including ESPN.com’s Jason Wilde. “He […]
Let’s take a quick spin around the NFL’s two North divisions: Packers head coach Mike McCarthy is “fed up” with general manager Ted Thompson‘s refusal to use free agency to bring in veteran reinforcements, sources tell Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Thompson and the rest of the Green Bay front office are famously […]
There’s no decision yet, and no exact timetable, for Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson as he considers whether or not to continue his playing career, agent Bus Cook tells Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. Shortly after the regular season ended, Megatron issued a statement indicating he was considering retirement, but Lions fans will […]
The Packers are struggling, and head coach Mike McCarthy has predictably come under fire as a result. But Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that McCarthy is not likely to lose his job, and while there has been significant conversation about McCarthy’s relationship with Aaron Rodgers, La Canfora writes that the two men share […]
As Brian Gutekunst prepares for his first season as Packers GM, he takes the reins of a team coming off its worst performance of the decade and one that is mired in contract negotiations with its cornerstone player. The Aaron Rodgers extension buzz has picked up, but it’s not certain the Packers will have this […]
Packers star QB Aaron Rodgers made a few comments during his postgame press conference last week that many interpreted as a dig at his team’s coaching staff and its offensive play-calling. And Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports writes, even though Rodgers later went out of his way to clarify those comments, he remains frustrated […]
The Le’Veon Bell saga is coming to a head, as the Steelers running back must sign his franchise tender by November 13 to be eligible to play for any team this season. But as Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports writes, the CBA does not dictate that Bell must report by that day, only that he […]
Saints WR Dez Bryant suffered a brutal blow when he tore his Achilles just two days after signing with the club, thereby shelving him for about eight months. Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network (video link) noted that Bryant’s recovery timeline could make his 2019 foray into free agency just as complicated as his 2018 one, […]
Mike McCarthy‘s enjoyed the benefit of coaching two future Hall of Fame quarterbacks, and the Packers have qualified for nine playoff brackets in the coach’s 12 previous seasons. But with the team in danger of missing the NFC bracket for the second straight season, McCarthy appears to be firmly on the hot seat. The 13th-year […]
Mike McCarthy has missed the playoffs three times during his 11-year tenure with the Packers, but the team is in danger of missing the postseason for the second consecutive year. Green Bay didn’t do much to help their efforts on Thursday night, as their loss to Seattle dropped their record to 4-5-1. The head coach […]
The Packers have made a shocking mid-season change, firing head coach Mike McCarthy, the team announced in a statement posted to Twitter. The team also announced that offensive coordinator Joe Philbin would take over as interim coach. While McCarthy was widely known to be on the hot seat, an in-season change is still a surprise […]
Immediately after their shocking home loss to the Cardinals, the Packers fired coach Mike McCarthy. While McCarthy was widely believed to be on the hot seat, it’s still somewhat of surprise the team made the move in-season because of his winning history with the team. The move could have a massive ripple effect on the rest […]
Mike McCarthy may well have options going into this coming hiring period, but the Jets might not be a great fit. The status of GM Mike Maccagnan will likely be a deterrent for a coach with other options — in the likely event Todd Bowles is fired soon — multiple NFL executives told Ralph Vacchiano […]
Former Packers head coach Mike McCarthy‘s “early preference” is to continue coaching in 2019, according to Ryan Wood of the Green Bay Press-Gazette (Twitter link). That doesn’t necessarily mean McCarthy will be back on the sidelines next season, but some clubs have already reached out to express interest, per Wood. McCarthy’s firing was deemed nearly […]
Although reports earlier this week indicated former Packers head coach Mike McCarthy intends to coach in 2019, that may not be the case. McCarthy is still deciding whether to take head coaching interviews or instead remain in the Green Bay area for another year, a source tells Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com. McCarthy didn’t say he won’t coach next season, […]
Vikings assistant GM George Paton has seen his name come up a great deal over the past couple of years as rival clubs sought new general managers, and Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports writes that Paton remains one of the top candidates for teams that will be looking for a GM in 2019. The […]
We learned yesterday that former Packers head coach Mike McCarthy was already “receiving overtures from NFL teams considering head-coaching changes.” Well, it sounds like the 55-year-old may have his eye on one potential gig. Peter King writes that McCarthy would be “interested in exploring” the Cardinals head coaching job. The reporter adds that there’s mutual […]
We heard yesterday that Mike McCarthy was interested in the Cardinals’ head coaching job, assuming Steve Wilks is fired as is expected, but McCarthy might actually have his sights set on a different destination. While there is still a chance Dirk Koetter retains his job in Tampa Bay, the Buccaneers’ gig is the one McCarthy […]